Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How spoiled we are and WHO KNEW??

Sunday afternoon we took Harrison --- the dog, shopping. Have you ever been in Pet Smart? Pet Co? well you can take your animal in with you. What an experience this was.

first off it was CAT DAY.... who knew? there were a group of cat lovers and they all met at Pet Smart for the afternoon to visit and knit while the cats sat in cages and hissed at each other or slept. again..who knew this was an option for an activity...to sit in Pet Smart all day and talk about your animal.

second I was very over whelmed......I have to admit I am a little news junkie and have been so heart broken by watching the news in China and Burma....what does that have to do with Pet Smart you ask???? How spoiled are we in this country that we have a store the size of a football field (or bigger) just to purchase things for our animals...there was a whole isle just for potty training your dog. gidgets and gadgets that you could buy. again, who knew?

As I stood there thinking oh my..my children will never know what is like to go with out. We are trying to teach them and show them currently what a tank gas could buy or what we have "give up" to fill the car. When I sub for a day -- a whopping $48.50 day (go NLR SCHOOL DISTRICT) that goes for our fun stuff and how quickly an afternoon at the movies seeing Narnia with snacks took a 1 1/2 days of subbing.( go Hollywood)

This is not a soap box because I usually do not feel "smart enough" to speak up on politics and major news topics but I do think How Spoiled We Are in the States!!
So how about a trip to the Pet Store to get your mind thinking for a week...it did mine.

Side note ---- Narnia was good ( I think --- no, I know I liked the first one better) we will see it again and then own it as well so we can (the boys) watch it over and over. It did lead to the hint of number three.

So happy week. If you are wondering what we purchased at Pet Smart????? dog food and a chew bone to clean his teeth. I could not cave into all the stuff when he loves our old socks.
Did you know they had TWO isles with pet clothes?? rain coats with rain boots.... again WHO KNEW??

Better go since it is bed time and Harrison is waiting me to fix his covers and the end of our bed.... How spoiled are we???? WHO KNEW???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And at Christmas time, you can take your dog to either place and have THEIR picture taken with Santa!

Karen T