Saturday, July 19, 2008



Just checking in because I know for "Blog Surfers" it is frustrating to keep checking a blog and no updates ( i am a surfer-- i admit it)




Our updates are rather boring. pool, reading , pool, reading , a little guitar hero, more reading...




I am on a HUGE organizational kick.... everything has a place, we threw out about 11 bags of junk with the trash this week. The boys are tired of me asking, " does this person have a head or legs ? if not out he goes.... I have been working on PTA this week making phone calls...I am learning to DELEGATE!!! With two schools this year that means double the meetings, etc.




I am going to work at Jacob's School this year ( as a paying job) for a while at least. Lunch Room Lady!!! Jacob says I don't have a loud enough voice to do that job. ( I guess my yelling and rantings have had no effect on him through the years--hey, I am a good mom after all)




We have an age old problem with the lunch staff. (most schools do) The Principal and I have been talking and are going to try to train and explain how lunch should be. This is not a glamorous job and certainly will not throw us into another tax bracket. It is to help the Principal out with a problem we have dealt with over the past few years. I will be there 3 hours a day.


From jacob's comments you can tell that there has been alot of screaming in the lunch room and the kids are afraid to eat and some won't. When you have a three hour job and get paid very little to do it and you need to take 3 15 minute breaks during your shift, can you imagine the caliber of workers we have had in the past? Can you say work ethic???? ( my big pet peeve---another topic for another blog some day).




Today is grocery day, dry cleaners, more organizing, yard work....A great productive Saturday.


Noah is out boating with a friend of his and Jacob and Dad may go see a movie this afternoon.....what???? the house to myself??? I better get on with my chores so I can enjoy the alone time --- probably reading.






HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, come on down to Texas where no talking is allowed in the lunch rooms at elementary level.....none! You just need a big whip. They also walk down halls without a word.....when we moved here I couldn't believe the rigidness in orderly conduct. Elaine