Fixing Eggs for Noah to send him off to school....Mark left for work and I started with laundry. This is what my day could have been: Knowing that I needed to get Jacob up at 7:00 take him to school at 7:50 come back keep doing laundry...get ready for my lunch duty job, go to lunch at 10:30, work until 1:00 come back and keep doing laundry, pick up Jacob at 2:40, come home and wait for Noah to come home at 3:40, start dinner, take Jacob to Karate at 6:15, get stuff ready for school tomorrow, homework, watch Big Brother tonight, try to Find Salvation at the Dairy Queen, Watch the DNC on T.V., start working on stuff for the week-end...ETC...ETC...ETC....
Here is how my day went (5:45 to 4:00)
Noah up at 5:45 sent him to meet the bus at 6:45, Sent Mark to work at 6:30, I kept folding clothes thinking at 7:00 I will begin as the above paragraph states but.....Jacob came in at 6:50 bright red cheeks and a temp of 100....I do know that to some that is not that high and might have sent him on but looking at my stack laundry and thinking gosh we would not have to leave the house today if he was sick so I made the motherly decision to say OH MY ,YOU MUST STAY HOME TODAY. To say the least there was NO argument from my sick child. So now let me restart my day........I looked at Harrison and thought maybe we should just tuck back into bed and watch Good Morning America....Harrison read my mind and ran straight to the bed....much to his disappointment I told him no we must get the laundry done. Thinking to myself and feeling totally horrible that Noah left for school in wrinkled clothes ( now those of you with boys know that he did not even notice or care) so my Nanny kicked me from somewhere.....see picture #2. Today was her kind of day.....I ironed EVERYTHING today...tablecloths all clothes that came out of the dryer and even my pillow cases, YES you read that right. tonight when Mark lays his sweet little head down it will be on a freshly pressed pillow case. If you knew my Nanny you understand this strange desire that overcame me today. I must confess....i did not iron the many many pairs of tighty whiteys I washed today ( yes, she would have). Nanny has been gone three years but today would have been a great day for her to be here with me.
I ironed my fall tablecloths so that by the middle of Sept. I can get out all my pumpkins and baskets...my FAVORITE Day even more than decorating for Christmas.
picture #3 my iron..... we have become one today
picture#4 my two phones that did not ring ONCE from 5:45a.m. until 4:00
picture#5 the perfect snack while ironing and watching picture #6 Sandra Lee from the food network....she is my favorite because she is a THEME person and loves to set the table with a theme.
picture #7 my "sick" child with his Lego creation...he spent the whole day in his Lego corner..except for when I found him asleep on the couch---so see he really needed a rest and didn't feel well.
picture #8 Harrison hiding under the ironing board and waiting for Noah
picture#9 Noah after another GREAT day at school
now with all my laundry done and a day filled with anticipation that fall is approaching..my pumpkins and cooler weather can't be too far away (it was 98 here today) and blogging the longest blog ever....I can now return to Finding Salvation at the Dairy Queen.... my book club selection for this month --picture #1 the Author Susan Gregg Gilmore is coming to our book club next week so I need to finish it this week-end.
So that is a day in my life in my little corner of the world...thanks for sticking with my very long blog and enjoy your Holiday week-end.
No comments:
Post a Comment