My pool and reading days are just about over...boo hoo
I just read( in 2 days) Sold by Patricia McCormick you can also see a review by others on the Selfari site.
It is about a Country girl from the hills of Nepal and she is sold at the age of 13 into the sex rings of India. It is a quick read. It is also a very haunting read. The book is written in free verse. The Author did much research and did a great job with this very sad story.
If you are in my area you can borrow it (cindy b.) I found this book in the young adult section (yes, at Target) however it is a very mature topic for some young girls.
Happy Reading!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi - I saw your comment and I agree about Same Kind of Different As Me - it was a great book. I'm not into Jodi Picoult much but I know a lot of people like her. Some of the good books I've read recently is Uncle Toms Cabin (the classic), The House at Riverton, People of the Book, Those Who Save Us, and The Space Between Us. Thanks for the other suggestions - I'll be checking back. Ann
I just finished Same Kind of Different... and it was wonderful! I have asked Terry to read it. He's not a big reader, so we'll see.
I know what you mean about middle school being scary. Sarah will start tomorrow - and that's after 3 years of homeschooling, so that makes it double scary!
~K
Post a Comment