Saturday, August 16, 2008

saturday

We decided to go to the visitation for Ethan's mom, Anna on Friday night. It worked out much better as Ethan got to visit with Noah and two other good friends. I can not imagine leaving my boys at this age...it is so sad. Ethan and his Dad live close by and we all go to the same school.

Today we are in back to school zone...cleaning rooms, both boys have their stack of uniforms ready for the week, after dinner we are going to label all of Jacob's things and put into his back pack, Harrison and Noah have made a few practice runs to the bus stop..he is timing himself to see just how late he can sleep each morning....this is his first run with the bus. The bus like middle school is just a "right of passage" everyone has to do it once. He may not ride as much in the a.m. but he will ride it home most days.

We had open house/meet your teacher night at jacob's school this past week-- he has a GREAT teacher and I look forward to a great year for him. Noah, we will find out monday a.m. I think/trust that will fine as well.

Have a great rest of the week-end. Enjoy the rest of your summer if you are not back in school yet.

Just an update from our little corner of the world.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry about Ethan's mother. I think about the devastation of losing a mother at such a young age too. My mother lost her mother at age 6, and has very few memories of her mom - aside from her being sick. I hope I can be around to see my kiddos marry fabulous Christian men and see my grandkids.

Middle school has been great so far here. After our first week, Sarah is eager for week 2. She's riding the bus for the first time too. There are many kids on our street who ride her bus, so she's not alone. I can't believe how much they are growing up.

Remember when Noah and Sarah were in MDO? Weren't they about 3 yrs old? My, how time flies!