Today has been beautiful and cooler weather but I am 'cooped' up inside with a head cold/allergy thing.
Events at our house this week..... every spare moment was spent rebuilding Lego world.
I felt it with the PTA this week. In a normal week I should not feel the "strain" of two PTA's but this week....two budgets to present, two PTA meetings, middle school open house, membership drive with both schools, candy fundraising starting at the elementary. I am looking forward to the end of this coming week as it all levels out.
SO...... If I hear one more time that Sarah Palin went from the PTA to the VP slot...she needs to sit down because I am sure that I have more PTA experience than her!! ( I am Pres at both schools this year)
So......all of you out there.... don't leave me comments that I am too busy...we are just fine here in our little corner of the world.
Please Pray....two of my "elementary babies" (at the school Jacob is at) Darius and Acacia , their house burnt this week. Mom was in the hospital for a few days, she fell getting the kids out of the house. I have been able through our church to find her some things to get started again. She says she is coming to church with me tomorrow. Please pray for this sweet hardworking family.
Looking For Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore.....a GREAT BOOK!!!
Our Book Club met this week and she was our guest along with her Publicist, Julie. We had such a great time and what a joy they both were to meet.
That sums up my week. Tonight Mark and Noah are working concessions at the Razorback game. ( they earn min. wage and it all goes into Noah's Scout account thru the pack---pretty cool thing!) I am catching up with a weeks worth of Young and Restless while I Blog, do laundry, and staple PTA papers...
Have a great week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had so much fun with you at your book club!Susan Gregg Gilmore and I could not get over what a terrific group of women you are (not to mention what great cooks!).
Best!
Julie
It was such an honor to meet you and everyone else at the book club -- you are an amazing group of women. And having chaired one PTA -- well -- hats off to you!
Warm Wishes,
Susan
Post a Comment