I am NOT a fan of homework. What good is it and it actually punished the PARENTS.
We are in a homework frenzie this week. Tuesday, Noah brought home homework.....about 65 pounds worth in his back pack. He missed two days of school due to our trip to Kansas...all his make up work was actually finished this was work that had been asigned that day. He started on it at 4:45 and at 11;45 we were still at it. Mark and I were both helping him ( he better get an A on that patriotic symbols poster that I --oooppps HE made) Mark was helping with Math. we finally convinced him at 11:45 to go on to bed. Waking up to unfinished homework is not a good thing either. I took him to school and "discussed" with his teachers that I felt that was way to much for one night. No, he was not goofing off and not getting it done. He took a 15 minute break to eat dinner and he read while he ate and we all took turns reading outloud while we ate.
Homework is good if you need to finish something, work on a project over a few nights, study for a test...but over 300 math problems in one night as well as all the other subjects is a little much for me. Good thing it wasn't Scout night.
how are these kids suppose to carry all that weight on their backs?
Tonight, he did homework from 5:00 until 9:30 with a quick break for church.
Jacob carried his own fairly large load of homework the last couple of nights as well.
Another night like the past two and yes....THE DOG WILL EAT THE HOMEWORK!
O.K. it is 11:00 p.m. as I type this and Jacob is cleaning the basement because he can't sleep. Before cleaning he was setting up his homework station and filling out his 2009 calender.
Hoping for better Thursday of NO HOME WORK FOR ANYONE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment